A while back I went Missy Elliot crazy. Today I’m going (slightly less) Digitalism crazy.
To begin with, is it possible to make retractions in this mashupblogging thing? Cause remember this one I posted?
Yeah? No? Either way, just never mind that one, now. THIS is what I SHOULD’VE done.
Yes, yes, much better. Alright, this one… I just want to say I’ve never heard two songs that work together like these two do. In fact when I first made this (a while ago) my original idea was to do mashups only of modern rap/pop/R&B songs (check) and old obscure-ish disco. Lemme know what you think.
Ooooh, SebastiAn recently released a collection of remixes. Did you know? I love SebastiAn.
In other news: all my friends went back to school. It’s been raining for too long, and training for my new job is the most [insert negative adjective] thing I’ve done in a long time. At least Man Man understands. Or sounds like they do.
Ok, back to the grind. I need to get back on some mashups, I’m falling behind after doing those mixes. Oh well.
and another old one until I get some more new ones together.
Yeah, I can’t think of a witty little mashup title for that one. I just finished Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road”. I liked it.
Hooray. I think I’ve posted enough mashups by now to justify a little mix-tape comp of sorts. Not all of them are in it, just my favorites and those that I thought would work well together, in one glorious continuously mixed shot of an mp3. Also included is a “Back to School Minimix” for you to blare loud enough to drown out the awkward “Oh HEY! So…. how was your summer? Yeah, mine too. Ready for classes?”. Not to mention a little intro mash thing made just for this mixtape. I know, I know, you can barely contain your excitement. Well, you can grab that thing-kind-of-thing here:
And the whole shebang in .zip form riiiiiight here:
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, PBR Street Gang is my DJ name I guess. As opposed to my blogging name. This will undoubtedly result in massive confusion and my mp3s being lost in your iTunes forever. Well, if they made it there in the first place then I guess I’m doing alright. Later.
No wait, ohmygoodness what’s wrong with me. Here’s the track lists?
Mash Tape Vol. 1:
1. Roc Boys Get It Together (Jay-Z vs. The Go! Team)
2. I Turn Missy Elliot On (Spoon vs. Missy Elliot, Ludacris)
3. Cracker Jack Toucher (Busta Rhymes vs. Prinzhorn Dance School)
4. Dat Zone (Shawty Putt, Too $hort, Lil John vs. To My Boy)
5. Get Y/UR A-Punk On (Vampire Weekend vs. Missy Elliot)
6. Speaking in Mashups (Eagles of Death Metal v. Lil Wayne)
7. Feel Bad (Gorillaz v. Dr. Dre, Eminem)
8. She’s A Flying Lotus (Flying Lotus vs. Missy Elliot)
9. Where The Magic Spells At (Crystal Castles vs. Nelly)
10. Drop It, Sister (Get Shakes v. Yin Yang Twins)
11. Never Wit Ya (Cake vs. The Notorious B.I.G.)
12. We Be Mashin’ (Soulwax v. Sean Paul)
13. My Backspace (Kieran, Young Joc, Shawty Lo vs. Mascotte)
14. Paris Get Low (MSTRKRFT v. Flo Rida)
15. The Way Spoon Are (Timbaland vs. Spoon) 3:33
16. Kiss Boy (Chris Brown, T-Pain vs. Yeah Yeah Yeah’s)
17. Ashanti of Gravity (Yo La Tengo vs. Ashanti)
18. Front to Pinback (T.I.P. vs. Pinback)
19. Got Crystal (Lil’ Wayne, T-Pain vs. Crystal Castles)
Back to School Minimix:
1. Rye Rye- Gangsta Girl
2. Yelle- Jogging
3. Basement Jaxx- Red Alert
4. Kano- I’m Ready
5. Soulwax- NY Lipps
6. M.I.A.- XR2
7. DJ Blaqstarr feat. Rye Rye- Shake It to the Ground
8. Yr Party Is Dying- My Backspace
9. Justice- DVNO
10. Muscles- Sweaty (SHAZAM remix)
11. Yr Party Is Dying- Speaking in Mashups
12. Cool Kids- Basement Party
13. Thunderheist- Jerk It
14. N.E.R.D.- Everyone Nose (DJ DLO remix)
15. John Legend feat. Andre 3000- Green Light (MSTRKRFT remix)
16. Danger- 11h30
Ok, actually done.
Been working on a demo disc and a mixtape of all my mashups thus far (mostly so you can get them all in one nice download). Until then,
And two songs I’ve been loving recently
Could anything be better than my favorite moment on Seeing Sounds extended for two and a half minutes? Yes. Rye Rye could be
I wish I was still road-tripping. I wish I could build a new digital DJing setup without spending all my money. I wish, I wish, I hope you like these.
I think that song ^ is hilarious, especially the third verse. “You better call Petey Pablo, didn’t he say your name on Freek-a-Leek?” The next one is pretty old, but I have to post it sometime.
And two tracks that are burning a hole in my hard drive:
or I Can Hear The Song Mashing As One. How witty am I?
Ok, I missed a post or two, but I’m pretty sure nobody noticed, one of the perks of being small time. Anyway, I have an excuse. I was on a road trip and had no internet access the whole time. Well, on with the show.
Ok, I know this is prob old news to most anyone who reads this, but damn, I don’t care. From their appropriately named LP3-
Because here at Yr Party’s Dying, our aim is to please destroy you in a sexy way. I miss you Ben. What do we have for you today? Let’s take a look…
This is pretty old, but it just gotta go up.
Now, as much as I love people shouting in thick British accents (I’m not being sarcastic, I really love that), I’m still finding Prinzhorn Dance School’s self titled debut a little hard to get into. Of course, I haven’t sat down and listened to it non-stop, so maybe I should do that before speaking. Anyway, this track is pretty much instantly like-able (to me).
Just thought I should share: I’m sitting in a tiny small town library, and I just heard a woman who appears to be about 70 say “We’re thinking about hosting a webinar“. Yes